Christians in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja have been threatened by the Boko Haram commanders used in a swap deal with 82 of the Chibok school girls. 

Freed Notorious Boko Haram Commanders To Go After Christians Mun
Shaibu Moni

Three Boko Haram commanders who were set free in exchange for the 82 Chibok girls on Saturday threatened to bomb the nation’s capital and some churches in the country.

The commanders appeared in the new video alongside two others. In the video, one of the commanders, who gave his name as Shaibu Moni, threatened to bomb Abuja very soon.

Moni who was the only person who spoke throughout 5:32-minute clip, announced in Hausa language that he was captured in Gombe after he detonated several bombs in the state about three years ago.

He declared that the terror sect had no interest in dialogue with the Nigerian government, stating that the only condition for peace was for all ‘infidels’ to repent and follow Allah’s instructions.

The commander who along with his other comrades wore military fatigues and held AK 47 rifles, were not wearing any masks. He described claims by the Nigerian government that only five commanders were freed in exchange for the 82 Chibok School girls as a lie.

Moni said, “I am the one that the infidels captured in Gombe because I set off bombs, now I am back in Sambisa among my religious brothers. You (government) are telling lies that you have destroyed Sambisa. You are telling lies.

“My brothers are doing well and are in good health. We are sounding a note of warning that very soon you will see us upon you. 

Is it not bombs you are afraid of? You do not fear Allah, okay, very soon you will hear the sound of bombs in your cities. Abuja is where you are providing security, Buhari, you cannot face Allah, Buratai, you lie…”

In a direct threat to Abuja, he said, “We are Muslims, you will see us, we say what we will do, we are not liars, very soon you will hear bombs going off in Abuja by the grace of Allah.”

He also said, “You (government) are saying you released only five commanders, you are all liars. You will not know you released commanders until you hear bombs going off in your cities, until you hear bombs going off in your churches, infidels repent. You have not finished us, you lack the capacity to finish us.”